Oculoplastic surgery includes a wide variety of surgeries which deals with the structures or tissues surrounding the eye like the eye socket, eye lids, tear duct.It also is can be the reconstructive surgery of the eye.
The common problems dealt with the Oculoplasty are:
- Aesthetic lid surgery.
- Anophthalmic socket with reconstruction for disfigured eyes.
- Artificial / prosthetic eyes.
- Blepharoplasty of upper lid and lower lid for excess skin, muscle and fat.
- Browpexy – Brow lifts.
- Dacryocystitis – Lax lids, Inward / Outward turning of lids.
- Fillers for removal of static wrinkles.
- Lid retraction – large eyes.
- Lid tumors and reconstruction.
- Mid-face lifts for removal of facial wrinkles and younger appearing facial features.
- Ocular oncology to deal with cancers of the eye, the orbit, the lids and the face.
- Orbit diseases.
- Orbital Fractures.
- Ptosis – drooping of upper lids.
- Thyroid Eye Disease.
- Treatment for deep rooted wrinkles, crow’s feet, blepharospasm, facial spasms.
- Watering of eyes.